Sensei Kolesnikov, 7th Dan
Sensei Kolesnikov kneeling (seiza)
Sensei Kolesnikov in action
Sensei Kolesnikov started practising Aikido in 1970 as a hobby. He is now a 7th Dan international Aikido teacher, head of the KSMBDA organisation.
- In 1972, he practised full-time with Sensei Williams, becoming his number 1 student.
He gave up his profession of psychiatric nursing.
The Aikido style was initially Aikikai, which was later changed into the Ki style.
- In 1975, he taught Aikido in Plymouth, on behalf of Sensei Williams.
- In 1976, he met Koichi Tohei, 10th Dan, and attended various lessons and seminars.
- In 1982, he founded the KSMBDA organisation, developing his own style of Aikido.
- In 2001, he started practising Infinite Tai Chi in addition to Aikido.
The KSMBDA organisation now includes Tai Chi lessons taught by Sensei Kolesnikov.
- In 2009, he was awarded a Certificate of Recognition for Mind & Body Development for 2009/2010 from the Aspire magazine. Read a review from Aspire of Sensei and his organisation.
- In 2010, he was awarded 7th Dan, celebrating 40 years of Aikido practice.
Click to read more about the award.